Smith Crane & Construction operates tower cranes, mobile cranes, crawler cranes, construction hoists, hiabs and heavy haulage throughout New Zealand. The company has been in the crane business for over 50 years and operates New Zealand's largest fleet of tower cranes with lift capacities from 4 to 96 tonnes. Its qualified and experienced staff will provide the right crane for the job with a full backup service to ensure your next construction project runs smoothly.
The Smith Cranes advantage
Smith Cranes has NZ's largest fleet of cranes operated by experienced crews.
- Fleet of 32 tower cranes across New Zealand offer reach heights to 200m and capacities to 96T
- Fleet of 18 crawler cranes across New Zealand offer lift capacities of up to 600T
- 5 construction hoists
- Planning, engineering/design and tower crane installation services
- Support plant includes telehandlers, hiabs and pick-and-carry cranes
- Extensive range of lifting equipment and accessories such as mancages, spreader bars, swamp mats, concrete skips and heavy lift strops
Luffing jib tower cranes
Smith Crane & Construction's luffing jib tower cranes generally offer larger lifting capacities and are ideally suited to the civil building industry for their high perching accuracy, safety and tighter radius.
Hammerhead tower cranes
With smaller footprints, longer reach and simplified erection, Smith Crane & Construction's fleet of hammerheads are its most recognised type of tower crane.
Flat-top tower cranes
Smith Crane & Construction's flat-top tower cranes are easily-transported, quick-to-assemble and benefit construction sites with low overhead clearance. They are particularly popular in the Auckland crane hire marketplace.
Self-erecting tower cranes
Self-erecting tower cranes operated by Smith Crane & Construction are quickly and easily mobilsed and provide excellent reach and lifting capacity for a lower cost.
Smith Crane & Construction are New Zealand's most experienced provider of construction hoists, offering heights up to 250m and capacities to 2 tonnes.
Smith Cranes construction hoists are the perfect compliment to term hire and project hire sites.
- Anka Panta SC200TD Materials Hoist
- Alimak 2032TD Construction Hoist
Why Smith Cranes?
Simple! Smith Crane & Construction understands construction.
- In-house civil engineering, precast manufacturing and piling divisions
- Heavy haulage division to mobilise your tower crane to where it's needed
- NZ's largest fleet of mobile cranes to get you up-and-running quickly
- We are truly a one-stop-shop for your next construction project.
Smith Crane & Construction won the Crane Association of NZ (Inc) Lift-of-the-Year 2015 for its work in erecting the Potain MC85B Tower Crane at the Waitaki hydro-electric power station.